The game is played by using a touch screen to pull back on a slingshot, launching a bird at pigs. The objective is to hit all the pigs and score as many points as possible. There are various obstacles throughout the levels, such as buildings and trees, that can be destroyed by hitting them with birds. Some objects will release bonus items, such as eggs, when they are destroyed. In order to progress through the game, you must complete each level with a certain number of points.
Points are scored by hitting pigs with birds, destroying objects, and collecting bonus items. The number of points you earn for each action varies depending on the level. Higher levels require more precision and skill in order to earn a high score. Here are some basic tips that will help you get started:
- Use different birds for different situations. For example, use the yellow bird to destroy glass barriers and the blackbird to destroy stone barriers.
- Use your bird wisely: Each type of bird has a different ability, so make sure you select the right one for the job. For example, if there are Pigs surrounded by wood, you'll want to use a bird that can break through the wood.
- Take your time: There's no need to rush, so take your time and plan each shot carefully.
- Use the environment to your advantage: If you can ricochet your bird off of an object, use it to your advantage. This will help you hit those hard-to-reach pigs.
- Destroy all the Pigs: This may seem obvious, but it's important to try and destroy all the pigs on each level. The more pigs you destroy, the more points you'll earn.
- Get bonus points: There are various ways to get bonus points in the game. For example, you can get bonus points for using fewer shots, destroying more than one pig with a single bird, or getting a headshot.
- Use power-ups: Power-ups can give you an extra edge and help you earn more points. Use them wisely.
I hope this guide was helpful and that you now know everything there is to know about playing Angry Birds. Happy gaming.